Hey anonymous, did you search about The Similarities between Plants and Animals Cells? We are here to solve the terms about the main similarities.
Plant and animal cells are structurally similar since they are both eukaryotic cells. They both have membrane-bound organelles such as the nucleus, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, ribosomes, cytoplasm, and peroxisomes. Both have membranes, cytosol, and cytoskeletal components that are comparable.
Plant cells have different features than animal cells, for example, plant cells are filled with chlorophyll for photosynthesis while animal cells do not have it. Animal cells tend to be irregular in shape while plant cells have more rectangular shapes.
Pictures of plant and animal cells
Structure of a Plant Cell
Animal Cell Structure
Similarities & Differences between Plants and Animals Cells in Tabular form
|Animal Cell||Plant Cell|
|Cell wall||Absent||Present (formed of cellulose)|
|Shape||Round (irregular shape)||Rectangular (fixed shape)|
|Vacuole||One or more small vacuoles (much smaller than plant cells).||One, a large central vacuole takes up to 90% of cell volume.|
|Centrioles||Present in all animal cells||Only present in lower plant forms (e.g. chlamydomonas)|
|Chloroplast||Absent||Plant cells have chloroplasts to make their own food.|
|Endoplasmic Reticulum (Smooth and Rough)||Present||Present|
|Plasma Membrane||Only cell membrane||Cell wall and a cell membrane|
|Flagella||Present in some cells ( e.g. mammalian sperm cells)||Present in some cells (e.g. sperm of bryophytes and pteridophytes, cycads and Ginkgo)|
|Lysosomes||Lysosomes occur in the cytoplasm.||Lysosomes are usually not evident.|
|Cilia||Present||Most plant cells do not contain cilia.|
From the table, we find that besides cell walls, chloroplasts, lysosomes, and centrioles, plant and animal cells have the same organelles.
Video Comparing Plant and Animal Cells
This video summarizes the differences between animal and plant cells:
For a more in-depth look at the differences between plant and animal cell organelles, see this video.
Types of plant cells
What are the similarities between plants and animals?
- The multicellular eukaryotic forms of life, which are characterized by photosynthetic nutrition are known as plants.
- The multicellular eukaryotes whose cells are attached with the help of collagen are called animals.
The following are the similarities between plants and animals:
- For the process of reproduction both possess reproductive organs.
- Both are living and at some point in life, they both die.
- Both species possess DNA and RNA.
- Both species possess energy-transforming and utilizing systems.
- Both possess complicated compositions for the process of transportation.
- For the development of the body, both species possess cells, which require specific levels of pH, nutrients, macromolecules, etc.